1) Find students researching in your library.
2) Ask them what they’ve learned the history of books in the renaissance.
3) Take questions #2 as the discussion piece to the role of the internet and applications in the present day.
4) Once that discussion is taking place, drop a 300 year old book on their desk and ask them “What can you tell about how this is made?” and “Is this technology” and “How does this compare to information sources today”.
5) This may cause a temporary short circuit in the students’ minds. But, once they start to put the pieces together, watch the sparks fly!